Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Won't be a boring blogger...trip #2




Chicago!! For Josh's 30th birthday, I planned a surprise trip to Chicago. I had 2 of his favorite people, his little bro and sis (and sis in law) meet up with us there. It was the primo place to go for a multitude of reasons: A)we'd never been, B)Britany lived there (that should've been A), C) it was kind of central for all of us. Ruth was finishing her RD in New Hampshire and Ben and Chels are in Kentucky working on Ben's seminary degree. The trip was a total surprise to Josh and a lot of fun for all of us. I think we saw more of the hotel room than Chicago actually. We spent most of the weekend just hanging out and catching up. There was also some time for Chicago style pizza, Indian food, PF Chang's (south Texas hasn't caught on yet), and Greek food. So glad I married into a family that's not afraid to enjoy good food!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a 30th birthday!

Britany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britany said...

i loved seeing you in the windy city. what great food and people you really did marry into a cool fam.