young adults from church. It was a wonderful time of
rest and fellowship. It's amazing how just getting away
from your everyday surroundings and talking about God
all weekend can revitalize you! So that does not really have
anything to do with the giant rhino beetle you see above,
but this was one of the interesting things you would
typically see in Texas. I had to get many shots of it
so I could prove to my friends back home that my whining
about the big bugs down here is justified. It really was the biggest
bug I'd ever seen!
So I somehow "roped" my husband (no pun intended)into going horseback riding with a couple from school.
It was our 3rd anniversary this past week, so galloping
on the beach was fitting to celebrate. It was actually a lot of
fun and I received a few apologies afterward for the "Why
do we have to go stupid horseback riding?" comments.
The day was followed by dinner at "The republic of Texas"
restaurant where we shared a massive steak. We felt so
"Texas" all day!

2 comments:
I am glad that you still blog!...I was beginning to wonder!
So, that bug was horrifically nasty looking! They almost look fake.. I will take you word for it though.
How fun that you went horse back riding!! That is so cool! I would love to do that. Well, I am glad that you are not always studying and leaving some time for fun.
Miss you! BUT, SEE YOU SOON! I don't even know if you are an Auntie... hopefully for Kelly's sake you are!
WOW! That is incredible. Texas really is a whole different world. Miss you and am bummed I won't be able to see you on your trip to CA.
Post a Comment