This is Josh's trainer plane (don't let the jackets
deceive you, we were in Louisville at the time)

This week I had an "aha" moment. I was finding myself being really "put out" by all of the expectations of nursing school, not having ANY time to socialize and invest the friendships I've developed and my old friendships, the piling up of laundry, not being able to cook for my hubby very often, the wind...you name it. I was getting flustered by it. Then, I heard this story on the radio. It was one of those St. Jude stories where a woman was talking about the 14 year old boy she'd just lost after battling severe cancer. It first made me choke up at how much hope she found in God's perfect purpose in everything, then it made me reevaluate how important this moment is. All of the insignificant worries and frustrations I can conjure up would immediately become nothings in the face of a tragedy like that. So, I decided, because it is my choice, to stop worrying, stressing out, being cynical about this stage of life, etc. There is only -one moment like this one- kept ringing in my head as I was out running, battling actually, against the wind. That made me hopeful and excited about this moment and all of those moments that are in the future of my life.
2 comments:
Thanks be to God who reminds us to stop and enjoy the moment. I really enjoyed reading your post Kristi, thanks for sharing. Know I will pray for you and this busy time . -meesh
kristi. It was good to catch up with you the other day... wish it could have been in person! Hope you enjoy a little break soon! Look forward to your next post.
Post a Comment