Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break at the Beach!!!

My cute dog sat in the car just like this for 45
minutes waiting for us to take him to the beach!

The happy Californexans!

In order to celebrate our final day of spring break, we gathered up a group of friends and headed out to the beach. Surprisingly, this is only our 3rd time spending the entire day sun-bathing, tennis ball fetching, and football throwing. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and wondered why we don't do it more often. I really can't complain about this aspect of Corpus. Where else can you buy a house for under 200K and be within 10 minutes from the beach?

Today though, as I'm looking out the window at the 25mph wind gusts, 65 % humidity, and gray skies, not to mention that it's Easter and we're far from family, I'm reminded how much I love California.

We did have a great day at the beach though, one I will remember for the next 2 months while sitting in the "freeze your butt off" lecture halls of A & M. I'm thankful for that day!

2 comments:

Britany said...

Kris how fun! Tyden is one cute pup. I wish we were 10 minutes from the beach even if there aren't any waves. =) I miss you and loveya too.

MIL and FIL said...

So glad you got to spend a day in the sun---wish I could say that. Northern CA hasn't quite warmed up enough for me yet! Now that I have found your blog page--you better be careful what you say!! LOL